About Laster's Furniture Company
Laster's Furniture has been in business and serving our community, along with those of central and south Arkansas since 1925. Now with 2 locations in downtown Arkadelphia, to better serve you, our valued customer. Our main store is on the corner of 6th and Caddo Streets, and The Warehouse Furniture Showroom is on the corner of 5th and Clinton Streets.
Our roots go back to the 3 stores our founder James William Laster Sr. opened in Bauxite, Malvern and Arkadelphia, Arkansas in the mid 1920's. During the great depression, he decided to consolidate, by closing all but the Arkadelphia store; giving his 2 children the opportunity to attend what is now Henderson State University.
In 1946 his son James William (Bill) Laster Jr. came into the business to work for his father. Laster's store building on Clinton St. burned to the ground in 1944 and was a total loss; but they we're able to go back in business in another building on south 6th St. In 1959, Bill and his wife Evelyn purchased the Presbyterian Church building, on the corner where the main store now sits; tore it down and built the store we are in today. Bill and Evelyn worked 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year, until their retirements; with the dedication of providing this area with the best furniture, and with the best values they possibly could.
Laster's Furniture is currently operated under the ownership of Joe Laster who; although working for his mom and dad since he was old enough to carry one end of a sofa, came to work for them full time in 1979. Joe purchased the business from his parents in 1988 and has carried on the tradition for the 3rd generation. Joe, along with his daughter Michelle (4th generation) and their staff of dedicated and talented sales consultants, decorators and delivery personnel, have over 100 years of combined sales and service experience. Working daily with their clients, one on one; to develop lasting relationships, and assisting them in making their homes more comfortable, beautiful, and enjoyable.